A Thank You Card



I don't have that many stuff from previous relationship. Heck, I don't even have previous relationship. I have a string of flings, and sometimes friendship with a bit of complexity. And Mark was one of those friends. 

It was 2015, I was new to online dating. Mark introduced himself in a quite lengthy message, explaining he was about to visit Jakarta for the umpteenth time, and would love to meet me once he's here. 

We emailed a little before he got here. When we met, it was... okay? We talked, we hung out, we argued about so many things. He then went travelling across Indonesia. We still talked a bit here and there while he was away, and we did meet again. He gave me this card as a thank you for keeping him company here in town. I think he bought it in Laos. 

Things just pattered out naturally, we just simply stopped talking. It was never something serious, it never had substance. I do still wonder sometimes where he's at, if he's still just wandering around Asia with no place to call home, or if his mother is still waiting for his noble prize. 
 

Comments

Popular Posts